Thursday, January 27, 2011

Time for tea


My obsession with teapots started when mum gave me an adorable 1950’s tea set that belonged to my grandma and escalated out of control when the charity shops in Barnet proved to be an addictive hunting ground for vintage teapots, cups and coffee sets from begone eras.
The new mantra is to pick one up whenever we visit a new country.  I like this as it means I can add to the collection and obtain a great little memento of our trip that we can reminisce over each time we use it.
Customs are clearing our container as I type which means I should be reunited with the full collection next week. In the meantime, I have a gorgeous set I picked up in Hong Kong (perfect for green tea) and Dan’s Nana Lyn’s beautiful Chinese teapot to gaze at.
Now all I need to do is find a top notch outlet for tea so I can enjoy all this porcelain in style. I hear there’s a mini Chinatown somewhere in Perth with the best Jasmine around.
Next stop on the list for this week then...

No comments: