Monday, January 17, 2011

A little tribute to home...



Despite our initial concerns I reckon I've dealt with this big move pretty positively. It's only now and again that the old homesick bug attacks, and it's usually when I'm least expecting it. Standing in the queue at Woolworths, sitting at Dome with Bay, driving through the city...strangely odd circumstances when my mind is otherwise pre-occupied.

I have no doubt at all that we made the right decision but settling into a new country, a new life, new surroundings is pretty taxing at times. I miss my mum's happy face and un-conditional love, watching dad play with the kids, the Barnet crew, the pompey girls, my cousins, Kees & Emma. Then of course there's the charity shops (I love a good rummage), Starbucks Frappuccinos, big Green forests, windy pebble-strewn beaches, the London Eye, sunday roasts, M&S food and Topshop...I'd give my right arm for a good spend up in there :)

Having analysed this for a while, I've come to the conclusion that it's the lazy days that bring on the homesickness. But when you're building a new life you can't afford to be lazy. You have to be pro-active and positive, happy and gung-ho, committed and driven. So now that I've got this rant out of the way, I'll focus on exactly that, achieving all the things we talked about before we left, fulfilling those hopes and dreams and creating a happy, fun, comfortable life for our family. It is the 'yes' year after all....

Miss you guys! xx



No comments: