Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011...

We celebrated the new year in Busselton, a seaside town 2.5 hours south of Perth famed for it's jetty (the longest in the Southern Hemisphere I'm told) and long stretches of sand. Beach lover that I am, I swooned at the site of the turquoise sea and shallow waters, perfect for kids (we didn't have any on this occasion), dogs, novice swimmers and anyone with a fear of sharks as you'll be able to see them coming way off....

My first 'yes' of the year was to jump on a jet ski with beloved and charter those waters with ferocious speed and vigour. Hell, I even had a go myself but kept to a more respectible speed which gave D a bit of a twitchy leg. He proceeded to take over and bounce over those waves like the nutcase that he is, causing a bit of panic on the back seat and an irritating ring in his ear for the rest of the arvo.

The rest of our day was spent at Southbound, an eco-friendly music-fest packed with skinny teens in tight shorts and perfect tans (grrrrrrrr). Tired as we were, we held on, filled up on beer, coffee and nachos and saw the night through. I also got to have a good jump around to Interpol (woo-hoo) and Ladyhawke before we drove back to Perth. Great stuff.

Happy New Year all. Hope 2011 is your best yet. x

No comments: